Louisiana Tech defeats Boise State, 79-64
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Magnum Rolle scored 18 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Louisiana Tech to a 79-64 victory over Boise State Monday night.
Louisiana Tech (16-2, 4-0 Western Athletic) registered its ninth straight win and fourth straight road victory.
Nursing a small lead for most of the second half, Louisiana Tech broke the game open with some sharp outside shooting. Jamel Guyton hit a pair of 3-pointers on consecutive possessions before Kyle Gibson added a 3-pointer to extend the Bulldogs’ lead to 64-53 with 8:40 to go.
Kyle Gibson, who entered the night as the WAC’s leading scorer, was held to four points in the first half before finishing with 17. DeAndre Brown scored 15 and Jamel Guyton 13 for Louisiana Tech.
Boise State (9-8, 0-4) was led by Robert Arnold with 18 points and Anthony Thomas with 15. Ike Okoye pulled down 14 rebounds for the Broncos.
- Pepperdine guard Keion Bell dunks over seven people
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims