Louisiana Tech defeats Boise State, 79-64
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Magnum Rolle scored 18 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Louisiana Tech to a 79-64 victory over Boise State Monday night.
Louisiana Tech (16-2, 4-0 Western Athletic) registered its ninth straight win and fourth straight road victory.
Nursing a small lead for most of the second half, Louisiana Tech broke the game open with some sharp outside shooting. Jamel Guyton hit a pair of 3-pointers on consecutive possessions before Kyle Gibson added a 3-pointer to extend the Bulldogs’ lead to 64-53 with 8:40 to go.
Kyle Gibson, who entered the night as the WAC’s leading scorer, was held to four points in the first half before finishing with 17. DeAndre Brown scored 15 and Jamel Guyton 13 for Louisiana Tech.
Boise State (9-8, 0-4) was led by Robert Arnold with 18 points and Anthony Thomas with 15. Ike Okoye pulled down 14 rebounds for the Broncos.
- Louisiana Tech defeats Boise State, 79-64
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0