Grambling State defeats Alcorn State 82-74 in OT
LORMAN, Miss. (AP)—Donald Qualls scored a career-high 31 points and Grambling State defeated Alcorn State 82-74 in overtime on Monday night.
Down 68-66, Grambling State’s Lance Fuertado hit two free throws with 49.2 seconds left to send the game into overtime.
The Tigers (4-8, 2-2 Southwest Athletic Conference) then led throughout the extra period.
It was the highest point total of the season for Grambling State.
Fuertado, Grambling State’s leading scorer with 14.8 points per game, finished with 19 points against.
George Akpele also had 11 points, nine rebounds and four blocks for the Tigers, who won the second of its last three.
The Braves (0-16, 0-3) were led by Jonathan Boyd with 16 points. Brandon Rogers added 14 points and Shaunvanta Ingram had 13 points and seven rebounds for Alcorn State.
- Grambling State defeats Alcorn State 82-74 in OT
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game