Vermont defeats Albany 71-54
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Maurice Joseph scored 19 points and Marqus Blakely added 14, leading Vermont to its fifth straight win, 71-54 over Albany (N.Y.) on Sunday.
Joseph led Vermont (12-5, 3-0 America East Conference) with three 3-pointers. The Catamounts, who have won 10 of their past 11, finished 7-for-17 from beyond the arc (41.2 percent).
The Great Danes were just 2-for-13 from long range (15.4 percent).
Vermont also sank 20 of 25 free throws (80 percent), while Albany finished 18 of 26 from the charity stripe (69.2 percent).
The Catamounts led by 12 at the break and outscored Albany 37-32 to seal it in the second half. Vermont extended its road winning streak to eight games.
Tim Ambrose and Scotty McRae scored 16 points apiece to lead the Great Danes (5-12, 0-2), who have dropped six of their past seven.
Blakely added nine rebounds, six assists and four blocks for Vermont.
- James Madison stuns Princeton late 65-64
- Ingram leads Duke past No. 13 Louisville, 72-65
- Auguste's 19 helps Notre Dame to 89-83 win over Clemson
- Smith-Rivera helps Georgetown handle St. John's 92-67
- Stephen F Austin cruises against Northwestern State, 83-72
- No. 2 Maryland relies on Big Ten's best defense to win