North Florida beats Stetson 54-44
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Brad Haugabrook scored 16 points and Jerron Granberry added 15, leading North Florida to a 54-44 win over Stetson on Sunday.
Haugabrook made 7 of 12 shots from the floor, while Granberry connected on 5 of 8 shots and made all four of his free throws in a game which the Ospreys (8-8, 3-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) made only 16 of 26 attempts from the stripe.
North Florida won for the seventh time in its past eight games. Stetson (3-11, 1-5) suffered its eighth loss in its past nine games.
Stetson got a double-double from freshman forward Ridge Graham, who scored 15 points and grabbed 14 rebounds. A.J. Smith, Stetson’s leading scorer for the season, had 10 points, but played just 3 minutes in the second half after spraining an ankle.
Stetson got within 46-42 on a jumper by Graham with 2:36 to play, but North Florida scored six unanswered points to seal it.
- North Florida beats Stetson 54-44
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four