Eastern Washington edges Montana State 75-73
BOZEMAN, Mont. (AP)—Glen Dean hit a running 10-foot bank shot in traffic with 3.8 seconds to play as Eastern Washington surprised Montana State 75-73 Sunday.
Dean, who had game highs of 23 points, seven assists and six rebounds, hit the game-winning shot after Montana State’s Marquis Navarre tied the score on a driving layup with 21.8 seconds remaining.
Navarre scored 17 points to lead the Bobcats (9-7, 4-2), who came into the game tied for first in the Big Sky.
Mark Dunn added 16 points and Laron Griffin had 10 for the Eagles (6-11, 2-2).
Dean, a freshman, broke the Bobcats’ full-court press, dribbled for several seconds beyond the top of the key, drove around two defenders and hit his shot over the outstretched arms of two more Montana State players.
Will Bynum had a chance to tie the game, but his leaning 8-footer bounced off the rim at the buzzer.
- South Carolina State edges Howard 60-58
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne