Chicago St. 43, Utah Valley St. 48
OREM, Utah (AP)—Corey Claitt had a game-high 20 points as Utah Valley was able to defeat Chicago State 48-43 on Saturday night in the Great West Conference opener for both teams.
Jordain Scoubes added nine points and eight rebounds for Utah Valley (7-8, 1-0).
Chicago State (5-12, 0-1) was led by Carl Montgomery’s double-double, 14 points and 11 rebounds. Victor Scott added 12 points.
Chicago State led 27-19 at the half. The Wolverines opened the second half with a 15-5 run to take a 34-32 lead with 10:49 left. The Wolverines would lose that lead and trail most of the way until the final 55-seconds when they went ahead 43-41.
This win snaps a three game losing streak for Utah Valley and extends their home winning streak to four. This is also the fourth consecutive win for the Wolverines over Chicago State.
The Cougars have now lost their last nine road games.
- Lamar rolls past Southeastern Louisiana 70-54
- UNC's Roy Williams: 'I feel fine' after vertigo attack at BC
- Texas lurking near top of Big 12 as 'havoc' takes hold
- Mississippi's Saiz returns from eye injury
- Bird scores 24 points, California beats No. 11 Oregon 83-63
- Emery propels BYU past San Francisco 114-89