Rodriguez leads Campbell past Kennesaw State 63-53
KENNESAW, Ga. (AP)—Jonathan Rodriguez scored 25 points to lead Campbell to a 63-53 win over Kennesaw State on Saturday night.
Rodriguez made 10-of-14 from the floor and grabbed eight rebounds for the Camels (9-5, 4-1 Atlantic Sun Conference). Lorne Merthie had 13 points, while Junard Hartley dealt nine assists with only two turnovers.
Campbell led 33-21 with 18:16 left in the second half. Kennesaw State’s Kurtis Woods hit three 3-pointers to bring the Owls (5-11, 1-5) within five points, then Spencer Dixon made a 3 to cut the lead to 37-35 with 12:29 to play.
But Kyle Vejraska converted a three-point play on the following possession, igniting an 8-0 run. The Owls never came any closer than eight the rest of the way.
Woods led Kennesaw State with 24 points, going 4 of 11 from beyond the arc. Markeith Cummings added 10 points and six rebounds.
- Rodriguez leads Campbell past Kennesaw State 63-53
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0