Slater scores 25, Lipscomb tops S.C.-Upstate 80-66
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Josh Slater scored 25 points to help Lipscomb hold off South Carolina-Upstate 80-66 on Saturday night.
The Bisons (7-7, 4-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their third straight game, are tied for first in the league.
Despite foul trouble, center Adnan Hodzic added 11 points for Lipscomb to keep his double-figures scoring streak alive at 41 consecutive games—the longest in the nation—with James Florence of Mercer next at 37.
Bisons forward Brandon Brown was sidelined with a shoulder injury during the Saturday morning shootaround and is expected to return Monday.
Lipscomb never trailed after opening the game with a 3-pointer from Michael Teller. Johnny Lee added 12 points.
The Spartans (1-14, 1-5), who had 20 turnovers, cut a 14-point deficit to 61-55 with 5:08 left in the game, but could get no closer.
Nick Schneiders led S.C.-Upstate with 19 points.
- Slater scores 25, Lipscomb tops S.C.-Upstate 80-66
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again with ill-advised, empty possessions late in collapse
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0