Coastal Carolina defeats Gardner-Webb 80-64
BOILING SPRINGS N.C. (AP)—Chad Gray scored 18 points to help Coastal Carolina defeat Gardner-Webb 80-64 on Saturday night.
Joseph Harris added a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds and Kierre Greenwood scored 17 points as the Chanticleers (16-2, 6-0 Big South) won their 12th straight.
Coastal Carolina used a 7-4 run to take a 31-25 lead on Chad Gray’s free throw with 5:18 to play in the first half.
The Chanticleers, who led 38-35 at halftime, opened the second half on a 13-6 run. Logan Johnson’s layup put Coastal Carolina up 51-41 with 15:06 remaining.
Logan Johnson added 11 points for the Chanticleers, which improved to 6-0 in the Big south for the first time since 1990-91. The six victories also gave Coastal Carolina one more conference win than it had last season.
Jonathan Moore scored 19 points for the Runnin’ Bulldogs (4-11, 1-4) and Anton Silver added 14.
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons