Wyoming wins 85-83 over San Diego State
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP)—Afam Muojeke scored 30 points to lead Wyoming to an improbable 85-83 comeback win over San Diego State on Saturday night.
The Cowboys (8-8, 1-1 Mountain West Conference) trailed by 14 points with 4:50 to play, before their full-court pressure got to the Aztecs.
San Diego State (12-4, 1-1) seemed to have the game in control, leading 45-31 at halftime, but the Cowboys began to chip away with steals off the press. JayDee Luster and Arthur Bouedo hit 3-pointers to give Wyoming an 82-81 lead with 39 seconds left.
After Kawhi Leonard hit one free throw to tie the game at 82-82 with 29 seconds left, Luster’s 3-pointer with 4.9 seconds left proved to be the game-winner. San Diego State’s D.J. Gay hit one free throw with 2.1 seconds left, but after missing the second attempt, the rebound wasn’t controlled and time ran out.
Leonard scored a career-high 25 points for San Diego State.
- Wyoming wins 85-83 over San Diego State
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook