Wyoming wins 85-83 over San Diego State
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP)—Afam Muojeke scored 30 points to lead Wyoming to an improbable 85-83 comeback win over San Diego State on Saturday night.
The Cowboys (8-8, 1-1 Mountain West Conference) trailed by 14 points with 4:50 to play, before their full-court pressure got to the Aztecs.
San Diego State (12-4, 1-1) seemed to have the game in control, leading 45-31 at halftime, but the Cowboys began to chip away with steals off the press. JayDee Luster and Arthur Bouedo hit 3-pointers to give Wyoming an 82-81 lead with 39 seconds left.
After Kawhi Leonard hit one free throw to tie the game at 82-82 with 29 seconds left, Luster’s 3-pointer with 4.9 seconds left proved to be the game-winner. San Diego State’s D.J. Gay hit one free throw with 2.1 seconds left, but after missing the second attempt, the rebound wasn’t controlled and time ran out.
Leonard scored a career-high 25 points for San Diego State.
- Wyoming wins 85-83 over San Diego State
- Fantasy basketball pickups: Young royalty worth a look
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Cash-strapped Cal promotes top assistant to replace Cuonzo Martin
- Best bets for Saturday's Elite Eight matchups
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2