Wichita State defeats Creighton 70-58
WICHITA, Kan. (AP)—Graham Hatch scored 17 points and reserve Gabe Blair added a season-high 15 to lead Wichita State to a 70-58 victory over Creighton on Saturday.
Wichita State (15-2, 4-1 Missouri Valley) led by at least 10 points the entire second half.
Creighton (7-9, 2-3) was led by Kenny Lawson’s 15 points.
Wichita State pushed a 12-point halftime lead to 18 in the first six minutes of the second half. Creighton’s best stretch was a run of five straight points that ended with a Justin Carter baseline drive and basket, pulling the Bluejays within 55-42 with 11:28 remaining. Blair scored five of the next seven points to push the lead to 16.
Wichita State started the game with an 11-1 run, capped by 3-pointers from Hatch and Clevin Hannah. The Shockers led 40-28 at halftime.
- Wichita State defeats Creighton 70-58
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four