Prairie View A&M defeats Texas Southern 65-60
HOUSTON (AP)—Darnell Hugee had 16 points and Dorian McDaniel added 12 points and eight rebounds to lead Prairie View A&M to a 65-60 victory against Texas Southern on Saturday night.
Christopher Jones had 12 points and seven steals for the Panthers (8-6, 3-0 SWAC).
Junior Treasure had 20 points and DeAndre Hall 15 for Texas Southern (6-9, 2-1).
The Tigers went on an 8-0 run to take a 49-48 lead with 6:48 remaining before Prairie View responded with 11 of the game’s next 13 points. Hugee and Jones had four points each during the stretch, which gave the Panthers a 59-51 cushion with 2:43 to play.
- A knee to the groin may have saved Division II player’s life
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case