Arkansas State defeats South Alabama 69-63
MOBILE, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Reed scored 26 points and Arkansas State beat South Alabama 69-66 on Saturday for its second straight win.
Martavius Adams added 12 points, Rashad Allison had 11 and Trey Finn grabbed 11 rebounds for the Red Wolves (10-7, 5-1 Sun Belt Conference).
Trailing 50-43 with 13:08 to play, the Red Wolves went on an 8-0 run to grab the lead for good at 51-50. The Jaguars closed to within 64-63 with 41 seconds remaining, but the Red Wolves scored the final five points.
The Red Wolves shot 44.6 percent from the field (25-for-56), including 13-for-26 (50 percent) in the second half.
Tim Williams had 17 points for the Jaguars (11-7, 3-3), who have lost two in a row by a total of nine points. Four of the past five games have been decided by six points or less.
Martino Brock added 16 points and eight rebounds for the Jaguars, and Bryan Sherrer added 10.
- Arkansas State defeats South Alabama 69-63
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0