Forest’s 24 leads SE Louisiana past Lamar 78-56
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Damon Forest scored 24 points, hitting four 3-pointers, to lead Southeastern Louisiana to a 78-56 rout against Lamar on Saturday in the Southland Conference opener for both teams.
Patrick Sullivan finished with 14 points, Trent Hutchin had 13 and Robert Tibbs added 10 for the Lions (9-5, 1-0). Deshawn Patterson dished out 11 assists.
Southeastern Louisiana pulled away early as the Cardinals (8-8, 0-1) fell behind by 12 points on Forest’s 3-pointer with 11:49 left in the first half.
The Lions went into halftime with a 41-24 lead, pulling ahead by 29 points— their largest of the game—late in the second half.
Justin Nabors led Lamar with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Kendrick Harris had 10 points.
Southeastern Louisiana shot 61 percent from the floor (31-for-51), holding the Cardinals to 35 percent (18-for-52).
Lamar had its four-game winning streak snapped.
- Forest's 24 leads SE Louisiana past Lamar 78-56
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four