Forest’s 24 leads SE Louisiana past Lamar 78-56
HAMMOND, La. (AP)—Damon Forest scored 24 points, hitting four 3-pointers, to lead Southeastern Louisiana to a 78-56 rout against Lamar on Saturday in the Southland Conference opener for both teams.
Patrick Sullivan finished with 14 points, Trent Hutchin had 13 and Robert Tibbs added 10 for the Lions (9-5, 1-0). Deshawn Patterson dished out 11 assists.
Southeastern Louisiana pulled away early as the Cardinals (8-8, 0-1) fell behind by 12 points on Forest’s 3-pointer with 11:49 left in the first half.
The Lions went into halftime with a 41-24 lead, pulling ahead by 29 points— their largest of the game—late in the second half.
Justin Nabors led Lamar with 19 points and 10 rebounds. Kendrick Harris had 10 points.
Southeastern Louisiana shot 61 percent from the floor (31-for-51), holding the Cardinals to 35 percent (18-for-52).
Lamar had its four-game winning streak snapped.
- Forest's 24 leads SE Louisiana past Lamar 78-56
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action