New Orleans 57, North Texas 71
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Josh White scored 21 points and Tristan Thompson added 18 as North Texas defeated New Orleans 71-57 on Saturday.
Thompson, a reserve, helped the Mean Green (10-6, 3-3 Sun Belt) outscore the Privateers 26-8 in bench points.
Charles Carmouche and Carl Blair each scored 15 points to lead New Orleans (6-11, 1-5).
White, a junior guard, scored his 1,000th career point in the second half. He reached the milestone with 14:37 to play when he scored on a wraparound layup. He was fouled on the play and hit the free throw to put North Texas up 48-36.
The Mean Green led 36-27 at halftime and pushed their advantage to as many as 20 in the second half. An 11-2 run put North Texas ahead 70-50 with 2:40 remaining.
George Odufuwa added nine points and nine rebounds for the Mean Green, who scored 16 points off 15 turnovers by the Privateers.
- New Orleans 57, North Texas 71
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action