Charleston Southern 77, N.C.-Asheville 74
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Jeremy Sexton’s 3-pointer with 31 seconds to play in overtime lifted Charleston Southern to a 77-74 victory over North Carolina-Asheville on Saturday.
The Bulldogs took a 74-73 lead on J.P. Primm’s jumper with 53 seconds left, but Sexton took a pass from Jo’el Lamb and hit his third 3-pointer of the game to finish with 18 points for Charleston Southern (8-8, 2-3 Big South Conference).
There were two ties and six lead changes in overtime.
Charleston Southern’s largest lead was five points and UNC-Asheville (3-12, 1-4), which has lost six straight games, didn’t lead by more than nine.
Jamarco Warren led Charleston Southern with 23 points, going 5-for-10 from 3-point range. Kelvin Martin added 21 points for the Buccaneers.
Primm finished with 16 points, D.J. Cunningham had 15 points and 15 rebounds, and John Williams added 12 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs.
- No. 7 in The Untouchables: Loyola Marymount’s 186-point onslaught
- Lee will transfer from Kentucky, Briscoe returning to school
- Purdue's Swanigan will return to school for sophomore season
- White takes name out of NBA draft pool to return to Huskers
- Villanova, Oregon boosted by players turning down NBA Draft
- Nigel Hayes to return to Wisconsin for senior season