Monmouth defeats Bryant 67-62
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Will Campbell scored 19 points and Monmouth defeated winless Bryant 67-62 on Saturday night.
Campbell was 7 of 12 from the field, including 5 of 8 from 3-point range in the Hawks’ fourth-straight win.
Campbell’s 3-pointer with 2 minutes to go put Monmouth (7-9, 3-1 Northeast Conference) up for good, 64-62.
Tied 37-37 at halftime, the Hawks went on an 11-6 run to lead 48-43 on a free throw by Travis Taylor with 16:29 to play.
A three-point play by Erik Smith gave the Bulldogs (0-16, 0-4) back the lead, 62-60, with 4:46 left.
Dutch Gaily then hit a free throw pulled the Hawks within 62-60 with 3:22 to play.
Bryant, which hasn’t won since Feb. 17, was outrebounded 34-27, including 11 by Gaitley.
Taylor finished with 16 and Justin Sofman had 11 for the Hawks.
The Bulldogs were led by Vladyslav Kondratyev with 15 points and Adam Parzych with 14.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case