Mercer defeats East Tennessee State 83-78
MACON, Ga. (AP)—James Florence scored 22 points and Mercer beat East Tennessee State 83-78 on Saturday, the first win in nine series meetings for the Bears.
Jeff Smith added 17 points, E.J. Kusnyer had 15 and Daniel Emerson 13 for the Bears (8-8, 4-2 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won four straight games.
The Bears led 73-53 with 4:42 remaining in the game, but the Buccaneers went on a 25-10 run the rest of the way.
Strong shooting kept Mercer in front, especially in the second half. The Bears were 7 of 13 from 3-point range (53.8 percent) in the second half and were 12-for-28 (42.9 percent) for the game from behind the arc.
Mercer shot 49.1 percent from the field (27-for-55).
Sheldon Coley had a game-high 29 points for the Buccaneers (8-8, 4-1). He made 11 of 22 field goal attempts and was 6-for-8 from the foul line. Micah Williams added 18 points and Justin Tubbs had 12.
- Indiana signee Cody Zeller shares stories from his recruitment
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56