Morehead State defeats Jacksonville State 78-71
JACKSONVILLE, Ala. (AP)—Kenneth Faried had 16 points and 13 rebounds and Morehead State beat Jacksonville State 78-71 for its sixth straight victory.
Maze Stallworth added 15 points, Demonte Harper had 13 points—all in the second half— and Steve Peterson scored 12 for the Eagles (10-6, 5-1 Ohio Valley Conference), who snapped a four-game losing streak in Jacksonville.
It was the 10th double-double for Faried and Harper scored in double figures for the 14th time.
A 3-pointer by Stallworth with 8:22 remaining in the first half gave the Eagles the lead for good at 24-23. The Eagles led 67-65 with 3:37 to play and closed out the game on a 13-6 run.
Trenton Marshall had 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Gamecocks (6-9, 2-3), who lost for the fifth time in six games. Nick Murphy added 16 points, and Jeremy Bynum and Stephen Hall each had 12.
- Morehead State defeats Jacksonville State 78-71
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0