Louisiana Tech beats Idaho 77-71
MOSCOW, Idaho (AP)—Kyle Gibson scored 28 points to lead Louisiana Tech over Idaho 77-71 on Saturday.
The Bulldogs (15-2, 3-0 Western Athletic) won their eighth in a row by shooting 57 percent from the field and going 17 of 24 from the free throw line.
The Bulldogs had three players in double figures with DeAndre Brown scoring 19 points and Olu Ashaolu adding 12 and grabbing nine rebounds.
The Vandals (8-6, 1-2) were led by Mac Hopson, who scored 24 points. Steffan Johnson added 13.
Idaho outrebounded the Bulldogs 30-28, with Hopson and Marvin Jefferson each pulling down eight.
- Christian Laettner tries to make amends for infamous stomp
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs