Boston University defeats Hartford 84-70
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP)—John Holland scored 32 points and Corey Lowe added 31 in Boston University’s 84-70 win over Hartford on Saturday.
Carlos Strong added 14 points as the America East Conference’s top scoring team (69.6 points per game) handed the Hawks (2-13, 0-2) their 11th straight loss.
The Terriers (7-8, 2-1) trailed 17-13 after Hartford’s Joel Barkers made a three-point play with 9:53 left in the first half. But Boston University answered with a 12-2 run.
Holland, who had eight points during the spurt, put the Terriers ahead 25-19 on a 3-pointer with 7:09 left until halftime. The Hawks didn’t threaten the rest of the way.
Boston University shot 47.8 percent form the field (22 of 46) and 57.6 percent from 3-point range (10 of 21).
Barkers finished with 18 points and Ryan Baker had 12 for Hartford. Morgan Sabia had a double-double for the Hawks with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- Maryland beats Monmouth 71-38 for 9th straight win
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win
- No. 4 Maryland rallies for 72-61 win over No. 18 Purdue
- No. 19 Louisville rolls past Boston College 79-47
- Thornwell, No. 25 South Carolina top No. 8 Texas A&M 81-78