Troy defeats Florida International 84-68
MIAMI (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 29 points to lead Troy past Florida International 84-68 on Saturday night.
The Trojans (9-7, 4-1 Sun Belt Conference) outscored the Golden Panthers 13-2 in the first 2:34 of the game and never trailed. Hazzard scored seven points, and Antywan Jones and Richard Delk each hit 3-pointers during the run.
Hazzard, who shot 11 of 17 from the field and 6-for-10 from 3-point range, surpassed 1,000 career points. He is seventh on the school’s all-time scoring list with 1,007 points.
Delk’s third 3-pointer of the first half with 11:08 remaining increased Troy’s lead to 25-11. Delk finished with 17 points.
Florida International (5-14, 2-4) could get no closer than 50-42 on Stephon Weaver’s field goal with 15:14 remaining in the second half.
Marvin Roberts led the Golden Panthers with 27 points.
- Do’s and don’ts for filling out your NCAA brackets
- No. 18 Purdue beats No. 8 Michigan State 82-81 in OT
- Villanova cruises by DePaul 86-59 in 1st game as No. 1 team
- Late basket helps No. 12 Miami edge Pittsburgh 65-63
- No. 22 Kentucky has it easy against Georgia in an 82-48 rout
- No. 19 Dayton rallies late for 76-74 win over Duquesne