Troy defeats Florida International 84-68
MIAMI (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 29 points to lead Troy past Florida International 84-68 on Saturday night.
The Trojans (9-7, 4-1 Sun Belt Conference) outscored the Golden Panthers 13-2 in the first 2:34 of the game and never trailed. Hazzard scored seven points, and Antywan Jones and Richard Delk each hit 3-pointers during the run.
Hazzard, who shot 11 of 17 from the field and 6-for-10 from 3-point range, surpassed 1,000 career points. He is seventh on the school’s all-time scoring list with 1,007 points.
Delk’s third 3-pointer of the first half with 11:08 remaining increased Troy’s lead to 25-11. Delk finished with 17 points.
Florida International (5-14, 2-4) could get no closer than 50-42 on Stephon Weaver’s field goal with 15:14 remaining in the second half.
Marvin Roberts led the Golden Panthers with 27 points.
- Troy defeats Florida International 84-68
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four