Colgate beats Army 68-58 in OT
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP)—Kyle Roemer totaled 26 points, hitting a 3-pointer to force overtime and sinking a pair of late free throws in the extra frame to seal Colgate’s 68-58 win over Army on Saturday.
Roemer, who came in averaging 25 points per contest in Colgate’s last three games, scored nine points for Colgate in OT. Roemer’s 3 with 35 seconds left in regulation forced the extra period.
Yaw Gyawu, who finished with 15 points for the Raiders (5-10, 1-0 Patriot League), scored six of those in overtime.
Colgate trailed by four points at halftime, but outscored the Black Knights 26-22 in the second and 15-5 in OT.
Cleveland Richard was the lone player in double figures for the Black Knights (10-5, 0-1), scoring 20 points.
The Raiders have won four straight, and five of their last six, since opening the season on a nine-game losing slide.
- Ken Bone takes memorable tumble attempting to call timeout
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Follow NCAA tournament Elite Eight action
- Gonzaga's Mark Few after reaching Final Four at last: 'Might as well win it all'
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game
- How a gut-wrenching loss, a promise, and countless post-practice shots fueled Oregon’s Final Four run
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament