Oakland beats Centenary 88-50 to stay atop Summit
SHREVEPORT, La. (AP)—Larry Wright scored 15 points and Keith Benson added 14 as Oakland (Mich.) dominated Centenary 88-50 Saturday night to stay undefeated in Summit League play.
The Golden Grizzlies (11-7, 5-0), won their fifth straight game and matched their best start in league play. The 2006-07 team was also 5-0.
Oakland outscored Centenary 64-26 in the paint and held a 51-21 advantage on the glass. With seven rebounds, Derick Nelson moved into 11th place all-time in Summit League history with 752 career boards. Johnathan Jones had eight assists.
Centenary (6-10, 2-4), which averaged 75.2 points and a league-best eight 3-pointers per contest, was held to season lows in both. The Gents were 3-for-20 from long range.
Oakland outscored the Gents 26-2 in a 10-minute stretch in the first half and led by as many as 44 points in the second.
David Perez led Centenary with 13 points.
- Oakland beats Centenary 88-50 to stay atop Summit
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four