Akron routs Bowling Green 71-45
AKRON, Ohio (AP)—Jimmy Conyers scored 16 points and Akron beat Bowling Green 71-45 on Saturday night in the Mid-American Conference opener for both teams.
It was the 11th win in the past 12 games in the series for the Zips (11-4), who have won 11 of 13 since opening the season 0-2.
Steve McNees added 11 points, and reserves Chris McKnight and Steve Swiech each scored 10 points. The defending conference tournament champion Zips got 32 points from its reserves and scored 28 points off 21 Bowling Green turnovers.
The Zips made 42.9 percent of their 3-point shots (9 of 21), but went 6-for-7 (85.7 percent) in the second half.
The Falcons shot only 27.7 percent from the field (13-for-47) and were outscored 39-17 in the second half.
Joe Jakubowski scored 17 points and was the only player in double figures for the Falcons (7-6), who had a two-game winning streak snapped.
- Akron routs Bowling Green 71-45
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Rawle Alkins has sparked Arizona with his toughness, winning mentality
- Michigan team breakdown
- Butler team breakdown
- Kentucky team breakdown
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling
- Will Wade leaves VCU after just two years to become LSU's next coach
- Oregon team breakdown
- Purdue team breakdown
- Sweet 16 power rankings: Who are the new favorites to win the national championship?