Butler defeats Wright State 77-65
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Mark Shelvin scored 21 points and Gordon Hayward added 20 to help Butler defeat Wright State 77-65 on Friday night.
The Bulldogs (11-4, 4-0 Horizon League) shot 50 percent from 3-point range (8 of 16), and forced seven of the Raiders’ 11 turnovers in the first half.
Leading 17-16, Butler used an 11-1 run to pull away. Hayward capped the run on two free throws with 4:45 left in the first half for a 28-17 Bulldogs’ advantage.
Butler held Wright State (10-6, 3-2) to 38.1 percent shooting in the first half.
The Bulldogs led by as many as 15, 56-41 on a layup by Zach Hahn with 11:49 remaining in their third straight win.
Willie Veasley added 12 points and Matt Howard 10 for Butler, which shot 57.9 percent in the second half (11 of 19).
Todd Brown scored 18 and Cory Cooperwood had 15 points and five blocks for the Raiders.
- Butler defeats Wright State 77-65
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done