Butler defeats Wright State 77-65
DAYTON, Ohio (AP)—Mark Shelvin scored 21 points and Gordon Hayward added 20 to help Butler defeat Wright State 77-65 on Friday night.
The Bulldogs (11-4, 4-0 Horizon League) shot 50 percent from 3-point range (8 of 16), and forced seven of the Raiders’ 11 turnovers in the first half.
Leading 17-16, Butler used an 11-1 run to pull away. Hayward capped the run on two free throws with 4:45 left in the first half for a 28-17 Bulldogs’ advantage.
Butler held Wright State (10-6, 3-2) to 38.1 percent shooting in the first half.
The Bulldogs led by as many as 15, 56-41 on a layup by Zach Hahn with 11:49 remaining in their third straight win.
Willie Veasley added 12 points and Matt Howard 10 for Butler, which shot 57.9 percent in the second half (11 of 19).
Todd Brown scored 18 and Cory Cooperwood had 15 points and five blocks for the Raiders.
- Jim Calhoun's probe response is entirely incorrect
- Freshmen Leaf and Ball help No. 2 UCLA beat Michigan 102-84
- Karnowski leads No. 8 Gonzaga to 1st 10-0 start in history
- No. 3 Jayhawks cruise to 89-72 victory over Nebraska
- Happ helps No. 17 Wisconsin brush past Marquette 93-84
- Alkins leads No. 20 Arizona past Missouri, 79-60