Samford defeats Tennessee-Temple 62-52
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP)—Bryan Friday scored 19 points and Samford defeated Tennessee-Temple 62-52 in its final non-conference game of the season on Friday night.
The Bulldogs (7-8) scored 32 points in the paint along with 24 points off of 20 Crusaders’ turnovers.
Tennessee-Temple (6-10) pulled within 54-48 on a 3-pointer by Vic Taylor with 54 seconds left. But Samford answered with five straight points, including four by Josh Davis. Friday’s free throw gave the Bulldogs a 59-48 lead with 16 seconds left.
The Bulldogs have made at least 10 3-pointers in each of their last three games, but were just 1 of 19 (5.3 percent) against the Crusaders.
Davis finished with 16 points and Trey Montgomery added 11 as Samford improved to 6-0 against Tennessee-Temple.
Vic Taylor scored 12 points off the bench and Uros Komadinic chipped in 11 for the Crusaders.
- Samford defeats Tennessee-Temple 62-52
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again with ill-advised, empty possessions late in collapse
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0