Montana rallies to beat Eastern Washington 79-66
MISSOULA, Mont. (AP)—Anthony Johnson scored 25, Will Cherry came off the bench for 17 and Montana rallied from behind for a 79-66 victory over Eastern Washington on Friday night.
Cherry provided a spark for the Grizzlies (11-6, 2-3 Big Sky), who had lost two straight conference games. He scored all but one of his points in the second half as Montana overcame a 49-43 deficit.
Ryan Staudacher added 11 points, draining back-to-back 3-pointers to balloon Montana’s lead to nine with just over 4 minutes remaining.
Glen Dean had 15 points to lead the Eagles (5-11, 1-2).
Eastern Washington committed 22 turnovers. Cherry picked up seven steals, three of which led directly to transition baskets.
The Eagles led 41-37 at the half, capitalizing on 56 percent shooting. The Eagles also finished with a 36-25 edge on the boards.
- UCLA coach Ben Howland celebrates win by kissing a reporter
- Gillon's 3 at buzzer lifts Syracuse past No. 10 Duke 78-75
- Brooks' 3 leads No. 6 Oregon past Cal 68-65
- UNC: fan ejected after exchange with Louisville's Pitino
- Minnesota beats No. 24 Maryland 89-75 for 6th straight win
- Michigan beats Rutgers 68-64 behind Wilson's double-double