Northern Colorado tops Weber State 84-75
GREELEY, Colo. (AP)—Devon Beitzel scored 25 points leading Northern Colorado to a 84-75 victory over Weber State Thursday night.
Taylor Montgomery added a career-high 19 points and Will Figures had 14 for Northern Colorado (14-3, 3-1 Big Sky). Figures became just the third player in school history to score 1,000 points in Division I and the 13th overall.
The Bears are off to their best start since beginning 17-2 in 1966-67.
Damian Lillard led Weber State (9-7, 3-1) with 15 points
The Wildcats won 15 straight regular-season conference games and 10 straight conference road victories before the loss.
- Northern Colorado tops Weber State 84-75
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- The Vertical Mock Draft, Version 2.0
- Dillon Brooks' inextinguishable competitive fire has fueled Oregon's rise
- Duke forward Jayson Tatum to declare for NBA draft
- March Madness 2017: Ranking the most compelling potential Final Four matchups
- Jordan Mathews' go-ahead 3-pointer propels Gonzaga into the Elite Eight
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Best bets for Thursday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- From immortal to quite mortal, Kentucky's Unforgettables face midlife challenges 25 years after their greatest moment
- Ranking this week's Sweet 16 games from most to least compelling