Coastal Carolina 58, N.C.-Asheville 57
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP)—Chad Gray made a 15-foot jumper with 5.5 seconds left to lift Coastal Carolina to a 58-57 win over North Carolina-Asheville on Thursday.
Matt Dickey missed a 3-pointer soon after Gray’s go-ahead shot to preserve the victory for the Chanticleers (15-2, 5-0 Big South Conference).
The Bulldogs (3-11, 1-3), who trailed 54-48 with 4:17 left in the second half, pulled ahead by one point on J.P. Primm’s 3-pointer with 33 seconds remaining. Primm finished with 18 points and six assists off the bench.
But Coastal Carolina held the ball for the last shot. Gray, who finished with 18 points on 7 of 13 shooting, attempted a jumper that bounced around the basket before finally falling with 5.5 second left.
Kierre Greenwood scored 12 points and grabbed eight rebounds for Coastal Carolina. Logan Johnson had 11 points.
Matt Dickey had 17 points for North Carolina-Asheville.
- Follow-up: Penn State masturbator claims he was merely touching his penis and selling hand lotion
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons