Long Island U. defeats Robert Morris 74-64
NEW YORK (AP)—Kyle Johnson scored 22 points, including five in the final minute, to help Long Island University hold off Robert Morris 74-64 on Thursday night in a matchup of unbeaten Northeast Conference teams.
The Blackbirds (5-9, 3-0) snapped a six-game skid and are off to their best conference start since the 1996-97 season, when they started 5-0 and advanced to the NCAA Tournament.
Robert Morris (7-8, 2-1) led 44-41 with 12:07 left before Michael Culpo’s 3-pointer tied the game and began a 14-2 run that gave Long Island University the lead for good.
The Colonials pulled within a point on three occasions, the last at 62-61 on Karon Abraham’s 3 with 4 minutes left.
Jamal Olasewere’s foul shot and Jaytornah Wisseh’s jumper made it 65-61 with 2:07 remaining.
Kenny Onyechi added a career-high 17 points for the Blackbirds.
Rob Robinson led the Colonials with 13 points.
- Follow-up: Penn State masturbator claims he was merely touching his penis and selling hand lotion
- Jok scores 23 to lead No. 5 Iowa past Illinois, 77-65
- Brooks scores 30 as No. 16 Oregon beats Utah 76-66
- Miller, Purvis lead UConn to 85-67 win over East Carolina
- Notre Dame rallies to beat No. 2 North Carolina 80-76
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win