Florida International beats Louisiana-Monroe 62-56
MIAMI (AP)—Marvin Roberts scored 12 points as Florida International defeated Louisiana Monroe 62-56 on Thursday night.
J.C. Otero’s 3-pointer with 4:42 remaining put the Golden Panthers (5-13, 2-3 Sun Belt Conference) ahead 54-50 and keyed a 9-0 run. Roberts ended the run with a 3-pointer for a 59-50 advantage with 2:19 remaining.
Otero finished with 11 points.
The Warhawks (6-10, 1-4) rallied from a 12-point deficit with an 11-0 run during a 1:49 span midway through the second half. Colby Carr’s field goal with 10:26 remaining capped the run and cut the Golden Panthers’ lead to 46-45.
Louisiana Monroe’s Dynile Ford hit a 3-pointer and tied it at 50 with 7:08 left.
Rudy Turner led the Warhawks with 13 points.
Florida International ran off eight unanswered points, keyed by six straight by Martavis Key, for a 24-17 lead with 5:15 remaining in the first half.
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Kentucky's Calipari: Willis won't miss games despite arrest
- St. Bonaventure coach Schmidt gets 1-year contract extension
- Louisville AD: School is waiting on NCAA investigation
- East Tennessee State dismisses Shemar Johnson from team
- Alabama coach Avery Johnson gives supplies to flood victims