Florida International beats Louisiana-Monroe 62-56
MIAMI (AP)—Marvin Roberts scored 12 points as Florida International defeated Louisiana Monroe 62-56 on Thursday night.
J.C. Otero’s 3-pointer with 4:42 remaining put the Golden Panthers (5-13, 2-3 Sun Belt Conference) ahead 54-50 and keyed a 9-0 run. Roberts ended the run with a 3-pointer for a 59-50 advantage with 2:19 remaining.
Otero finished with 11 points.
The Warhawks (6-10, 1-4) rallied from a 12-point deficit with an 11-0 run during a 1:49 span midway through the second half. Colby Carr’s field goal with 10:26 remaining capped the run and cut the Golden Panthers’ lead to 46-45.
Louisiana Monroe’s Dynile Ford hit a 3-pointer and tied it at 50 with 7:08 left.
Rudy Turner led the Warhawks with 13 points.
Florida International ran off eight unanswered points, keyed by six straight by Martavis Key, for a 24-17 lead with 5:15 remaining in the first half.
- Bill Murray's son Luke forges his own path as a Division I coach
- Xavier's J.P. Macura hits 80-foot shot that is ultimately waved off during wild 30-second stretch
- Gonzaga's Mark Few doesn't feel he needs a Final Four to validate his legacy
- How De'Aaron Fox ended Lonzo Ball's college career and lifted Kentucky to the brink of another Final Four
- Wisconsin's Zak Showalter hits miraculous 3, celebrates with Aaron Rodgers' belt move (Video)
- De'Aaron Fox upstages Lonzo Ball, powers Kentucky to the Elite Eight
- Somehow ... someway ... the SEC is dominating the NCAA tournament
- Indiana hires Dayton's Archie Miller as new coach
- Canyon Barry's LeBron-esque block is the great play that nobody will remember
- These photos of Florida's buzzer-beater are almost as incredible as the shot itself
- Lonzo Ball basically declared for the NBA draft immediately after UCLA's NCAA tournament loss