Florida International beats Louisiana-Monroe 62-56
MIAMI (AP)—Marvin Roberts scored 12 points as Florida International defeated Louisiana Monroe 62-56 on Thursday night.
J.C. Otero’s 3-pointer with 4:42 remaining put the Golden Panthers (5-13, 2-3 Sun Belt Conference) ahead 54-50 and keyed a 9-0 run. Roberts ended the run with a 3-pointer for a 59-50 advantage with 2:19 remaining.
Otero finished with 11 points.
The Warhawks (6-10, 1-4) rallied from a 12-point deficit with an 11-0 run during a 1:49 span midway through the second half. Colby Carr’s field goal with 10:26 remaining capped the run and cut the Golden Panthers’ lead to 46-45.
Louisiana Monroe’s Dynile Ford hit a 3-pointer and tied it at 50 with 7:08 left.
Rudy Turner led the Warhawks with 13 points.
Florida International ran off eight unanswered points, keyed by six straight by Martavis Key, for a 24-17 lead with 5:15 remaining in the first half.
- Florida International beats Louisiana-Monroe 62-56
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four