Wichita State holds on for 65-62 victory
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Clevin Hannah scored 15 points and Wichita State held off Missouri State 65-62 Wednesday night after nearly blowing a 25-point lead.
The Shockers (14-2, 3-1 Missouri Valley) led 43-18 with 18:19 to play, but the Bears (12-3, 2-2) put on a furious 31-8 rally to trail 51-49 with 6:02 left.
A 3-pointer by Missouri State’s Jermaine Mallett with 42 seconds left made it 63-61. Nafis Ricks hit the first to two free throws 12.2 second left but missed the second, making the 63-62. Graham Hatch then hit two free throws for Wichita State and Missouri State failed to score again.
Toure Murry and J.T. Durley each had 13 for Wichita State and Hatch added 12 points and nine rebounds.
Mallett finished with 21 points, Kyle Weems added 16 and Adam Leonard had 12.
- Wichita State holds on for 65-62 victory
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four