Gonzalvez’s 3s lead Richmond past Duquesne 80-68
PITTSBURGH (AP)—David Gonzalvez and Ryan Butler hurt Duquesne with their 3-point shooting in the second half and Richmond pulled away in the final 13 minutes for an 80-68 victory over the Dukes on Wednesday night.
Gonzalvez made five 3-pointers while scoring 19 points—he moved into 10th place in school career scoring with 1,429 points—and Butler made all three of his 3s in the second half and ended with 14 points.
The Spiders (12-4, 1-0 Atlantic 10 Conference) were 13 of 26 from beyond the arc, 7 of 12 during a second half in which they shot 55.6 percent. Duquesne was only 3 of 20 from 3-point range.
Kevin Anderson added 18 points, including 7 of 8 from the foul line in the second half, after being held to two in the first half. He averages 18.5 points.
Bill Clark led Duquesne (9-6, 0-1) with 18 points.
- Gonzalvez's 3s lead Richmond past Duquesne 80-68
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'
- Zach Collins enters draft, becomes Gonzaga's first one-and-done
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Isaac Humphries' exit means Kentucky may lose eight of its top nine players
- The 12 most intriguing (or confusing) hires of the college basketball coaching carousel