Louisiana Tech runs past Utah State 82-60
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Magnum Rolle scored 21 points and grabbed 14 rebounds to lead Louisiana Tech in an 82-60 rout of Utah State on Monday night.
Jamel Guyton added 17 points and Kyle Gibson had 16 for the Bulldogs (14-2, 2-0 Western Athletic Conference), who have won seven in a row. Olu Ashaolu and David Jackson also chipped in 11 points apiece for Louisiana Tech.
Guyton hit three 3-pointers for the Bulldogs, who were 7-for-14 from long range (50 percent). The Aggies hit just 3 of 13 attempts from beyond the arc (23.1 percent).
Leading just 3-2 more than 5 minutes into the game, Louisiana Tech put together a 14-7 run in the next 5-minute span and never looked back. The Bulldogs led by 14 points at halftime and outscored the Aggies 48-40 in the second half.
Nate Bendall was the lone player in double figures for the Aggies (10-6, 0-2), scoring 14 points.
- How Derrick Williams went from unheralded to All-American
- UConn AD preparing pitch, waiting to hear from Big 12
- UNC gets 1-week extension to respond to 5 NCAA charges
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes new ACC Network
- Beehive Classic features Utah, BYU, Utah State, Weber State
- Attorney: NCAA missed deadline to respond in Tyndall case