James Madison defeats Delaware 71-65
HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP)—Denzel Bowles scored 26 points to lead James Madison in a 71-65 victory over Delaware on Monday night.
Bowles also grabbed 10 rebounds for the Dukes (7-6, 1-2 Colonial Athletic Association), while Julius Wells scored 24 points on 10-of-20 shooting.
After holding a slim 32-28 advantage at halftime, James Madison used a 15-8 run over an 8 minute span in the second half to jump out to a 58-44 lead with 7:42 remaining. Delaware would get no closer than within five points the rest of the way.
The Blue Hens (5-9, 1-2) were paced by Jawan Carter, who finished with 18 points and a career-high 11 assists. Alphonso Dawson added 14 points and seven rebounds.
Delaware, which won the previous two contests against James Madison, now leads the all-time series 11-4.
James Madison turned the ball over 17 times, but outrebounded Delaware 37-28.
- James Madison defeats Delaware 71-65
- Xavier's upsets Arizona as cinderella run continues
- Xavier's stunning late rally ends Arizona's season two wins shy of Final Four
- Gonzaga defense key in win over West Virginia
- West Virginia adds to the NCAA tournament of terrible final possessions
- Best bets for Friday's NCAA Sweet 16 matchups
- NCAA gives North Carolina deadline to repeal HB2
- John Thompson III out at Georgetown after 13 seasons
- Sean Miller and Arizona come up short yet again after late collapse fueled by ill-advised shots
- Xavier celebrated its upset of Arizona with a WWE-style takedown (Video)
- Can Kansas be slowed down by Oregon?
- There's a reason West Virginia's final possession against Gonzaga was such a disaster
- Unsung heroes lead Oregon to Elite Eight
- Michigan's March magic ends against Oregon's stifling defense
- Follow NCAA tournament Sweet 16 action
- How will Kansas defend Caleb Swanigan and Purdue, the team built to beat it?