Griffin leads Dartmouth past Bucknell 49-43
HANOVER, N.H. (AP)—R.J. Griffin scored 16 points and grabbed seven rebounds to lead Dartmouth to a 49-43 win over Bucknell on Monday night.
Griffin, who shot 5 of 8 from the floor and 4 of 5 from beyond the arc, was the only player to score in double figures for the Big Green (3-10), who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Dartmouth’s defense held the Bison (5-11) to 30.6 percent (15 of 49) shooting from the field for the game. The Big Green also turned 15 turnovers by Bucknell into 16 points.
Bucknell scored seven straight points to cut Dartmouth’s lead to 45-41 with 4:39 left in the game.
But the Bison missed their final five shots and turned the ball over twice in the final minutes, failing to take advantage of three Dartmouth turnovers.
G.W. Boon came off the bench to lead Bucknell with 12 points and a game-high nine rebounds. Patrick Behan finished with 10 points.
- Griffin leads Dartmouth past Bucknell 49-43
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four