Colgate defeats Central Connecticut 64-45
HAMILTON, N.Y. (AP)—Kyle Roemer scored 23 points to lead Colgate in an easy 64-45 win over Central Connecticut on Monday night.
Roemer shot 10-for-16 from the field and added nine rebounds for the Raiders (3-10). Yaw Gyawu had 17 points for Colgate, which has won three of their last four after starting the season 0-9. Ben Jonson chipped in with 12 points.
Holding a seven-point lead in the second half, Colgate went on a 10-0 run. A jumper from Gyawu gave the Raiders a 46-29 lead with 8 minutes remaining. Central Connecticut would get no closer than within 11 the rest of the way.
The Blue Devils (4-8) were paced by Robby Ptacek, who scored 16 points on 6 of 15 shooting.
Both teams shot poorly in the first half, resulting in a 19-11 halftime lead for Colgate. But the Raiders improved in the second period, shooting 76 percent from the floor (19-for-25).
- Lil' Romeo's underwhelming USC career comes to an end
- Mika leads BYU to upset of No. 1 Gonzaga 79-71
- Middle Tennessee claims 1st C-USA title in school history
- Brown leads Miami past No. 10 Duke, 55-50
- Paschall, Jenkins lead No. 2 Villanova past No. 23 Creighton
- Wagner leads Michigan over No. 14 Purdue 82-70