Coastal Carolina defeats Presbyterian 76-62
CONWAY, S.C. (AP)—Logan Johnson scored 16 points to lead five players in double figures as Coastal Carolina beat Presbyterian 76-62 on Monday night for its 10th win in a row.
It is the longest winning streak for the Chanticleers in four years.
Danny Nieman added 14 points, Kierre Greenwood and Chad Gray each scored 13, and Joseph Harris added 10 for the Chanticleers (14-2, 4-0 Big South). The win was the 650th career victory for Chanticleers’ coach Cliff Ellis and marked the team’s best conference start since the 1990-91 season.
The Chanticleers led 33-31 at halftime, then went on a 14-4 run to build a 68-54 lead with 3:12 remaining after a layup by Johnson. The Chanticleers led by as many as 16 down the stretch.
Chase Holmes led the Blue Hose (2-14, 0-4) with 15 points. Zach Faircloth and Jake Troyli each added 12, and Khalid Mutakabbir had 11 points and 10 rebounds.
- Coastal Carolina defeats Presbyterian 76-62
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four