Brown sinks Wagner 72-71 in OT
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Matt Mullery made a layup with 5 seconds left that rallied Brown to a 72-71 overtime victory against Wagner on Monday night.
Trailing 71-70 with 20 seconds remaining in overtime following a field goal by Tucker Halpern, Brown (6-9) called a timeout.
The Bears then put pressure on the Seahawks (2-13) and Brown’s Adrian Williams picked up a loose ball on the Wagner inbounds pass, giving the Bears possession with 9 seconds remaining. Mullery ran past his defender to hit the game-winner. Wagner’s Chris Martin got off a desperation 3 at the buzzer, but the ball bounced off the rim.
Halpern led Brown with a career-high 22 points and seven boards.
Michael Orock paced Wagner with 19 points.
The Bears grabbed a 62-60 lead with 34 seconds left in regulation on Halpern’s jumper. But Orock’s dunk with 19 seconds remaining sent the game into overtime.
- Brown sinks Wagner 72-71 in OT
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four