Lipscomb rolls past Stetson 84-63
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic scored 29 points and had eight rebounds to lead Lipscomb to an 84-63 victory over Stetson on Saturday.
Hodzic, who entered the game 10th in Division I in scoring at 22.5 points a game, was 11-for-15 from the field and reached double figures for the 39th consecutive game, the longest streak in the nation.
Lipscomb (5-7, 2-1 Atlantic Sun Conference) led 39-28 at halftime and took a 54-36 lead on Brandon Brown’s two free throws with 12:50 left. Jordan Burgason’s 3-pointer gave the Bisons a 59-39 advantage with 10:25 remaining.
The Bisons shot 73.7 percent from the field (14-for-19) in the second half and 60.4 percent (29-for-48) for the game.
Burgason added 18 points and Josh Slater scored 16 points for Lipscomb.
Brandon Williams scored a career-high 22 points for Stetson (3-8, 1-2). Ridge Graham added 12 points and A.J. Smith scored 10.
- Lipscomb rolls past Stetson 84-63
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in One Shining Moment
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot