Campbell defeats South Carolina-Upstate 82-69
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP)—Jonathan Rodriguez scored a season-high 27 points as Campbell defeated South Carolina-Upstate 82-69 on Saturday.
Rodriguez was 4-for-7 from 3-point range and had seven rebounds and three steals for the Camels (8-4, 3-0 Atlantic Sun Conference), who shot 60 percent (18-for-30) in the second half after leading 29-28 at halftime. The senior forward moved into eighth place on the Atlantic Sun career scoring list with 1,848 points.
After Carter Cook’s 3-pointer brought the Spartans (1-11, 1-2) within 55-50 with 9:14 left, the Camels held them without a field goal for more than 6 minutes while putting together a 16-2 spurt.
Preston Dodson added 15 points on 7-of-9 shooting for Campbell, while Miles Taylor added 12 points and a career-high five assists for the Camels.
Nick Schneiders scored 15 points on 7-of-8 shooting and had nine rebounds to lead the Spartans.
- Campbell defeats South Carolina-Upstate 82-69
- Graham's 27 lead No. 6 Kansas past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Ochefu scores 25, No. 1 Villanova beats St. John's 73-63
- Jackson leads Notre Dame to upset of No. 13 Louisville 71-66
- No. 14 Iowa State beats No. 24 Texas 85-75
- Michigan scores final 11 points to beat No. 18 Purdue 61-56