High Point defeats Gardner-Webb 78-68
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Eugene Harris scored 17 points and High Point handed Gardner-Webb its ninth straight loss, 78-68 on Saturday night.
Nick Barbour added 14 points, and Cruz Daniels and Jourdan Morris each had 10 for the Panthers (6-6, 2-1 Big South Conference), who won their second game in a row.
With Gardner-Webb leading 49-47 midway through the second half, the Panthers made a 19-3 run to take a 66-52 lead with 4:32 remaining. The Bulldogs would get not closer than nine points the rest of the way.
The Panthers scored 22 points off 26 Gardner-Webb turnovers. The Panthers also shot well, making 50 percent (27-for-54) of their field goal attempts, including 60.9 percent (14 of 23) in the second half.
The Bulldogs (3-9, 0-3) were led by Grayson Flittner, who had a game-high 26 points. Anton Silver had a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds, and C.J. Hailey added 11 points.
- High Point defeats Gardner-Webb 78-68
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four