Hazzard’s 23 points lead Troy over Denver 64-46
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Brandon Hazzard scored 23 points as Troy remained unbeaten in Sun Belt Conference play with a 64-46 victory over Denver on Saturday night.
Richard Delk added 16 points for the Trojans (8-6, 3-0), including eight during an 18-4 run at the start of the second half that turned a 24-23 Pioneers halftime lead into a 41-28 Troy lead with 12:12 to play.
Denver (10-5, 3-1) turned the ball over six times in that stretch, leading to eight of Troy’s points. For the game, Troy scored 13 points off 11 Denver turnovers, while the Pioneers scored just two points off eight turnovers by the Trojans.
Delk had five steals for Troy, which shot 56.5 percent (13-for-23) in the second half. Denver shot a season-low 39.1 percent (18-for-46) for the game.
Andrew Hooper and Nate Rohnert scored nine points each and Rob Lewis eight to lead Denver.
- Hazzard's 23 points lead Troy over Denver 64-46
- The 10 highest-paid college basketball coaches
- One unlikely secret to Gonzaga's success: A recruiting pitch 'nobody really wants'
- Why Duke's Harry Giles was right to turn pro despite disappointing season
- Ranking the 20 Final Four starters from most to least valuable
- South Carolina becomes 10th school to send men's and women's teams to Final Four in same year
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin is the world's biggest Pitbull fan
- Death threats to a ref – the lunatics are threatening to overtake Kentucky's fan base
- Why Sindarius Thornwell's one-man NCAA tournament run ranks among best since 2000
- Best bets for NCAA tournament Final Four
- The 13 NCAA tournament plays that absolutely have to be in 'One Shining Moment'
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook