CS Northridge 43, Pacific 52
STOCKTON, Calif. (AP)—Joe Ford had 10 points, 11 rebounds and four blocked shots to lead Pacific to a 52-43 victory over Cal State Northridge on Saturday in a Big West Conference opener.
Ford, the reigning Big West defensive player of the year, spearheaded a defensive effort by the Tigers that limited Northridge to 29 percent shooting from the field.
Northridge, the two-time defending Big West champion, was held 15 points below its previous season-low total.
Pat Eveland led Pacific (8-5) with a career-high 14 points, including four 3-pointers.
Vinnie McGhee scored 13 points to lead Northridge (4-8). Lenny Daniel had nine points and nine rebounds for the Matadors.
- CS Northridge 43, Pacific 52
- How Frank Martin and his sideline fury turned South Carolina into a winner
- Oregon Final Four outlook
- South Carolina Final Four outlook
- Elation and agony: UNC dramatically flips script from last year while UK suffers brutal '92 flashback
- Unlikely hero lifts UNC to a record 20th Final Four
- CBS Columbus affiliate cuts away from North Carolina-Kentucky finish, viewers miss winning shot
- South Carolina surprises again, advances to first Final Four
- Joel Berry injury: Roy Williams 'scared to death' over health of point guard's ankle
- Gonzaga Final Four outlook
- North Carolina Final Four outlook
- Where does South Carolina rank among the most surprising Final Four teams?
- Final Four storylines: Droughts end, the West returns and defense triumphs
- Final Four game times, matchups, TV schedule, betting odds set
- Luke Maye's dramatic last-second jumper sends North Carolina to the Final Four
- Recently fired Tom Crean attends Indiana women's basketball game